When you grow up anywhere in the world, certain things are just done without the help of a professional. Here are some of the things that we DIY around our house.
Cleaning with common household items
Did you know?
- White Vinegar: cuts grease, deodorizes, and disinfects
- Baking Soda: cuts grease, deodorizes, lifts dirt, and whitens
- Essential oils (tea tree, clove, lavender, etc.): cuts grease, deodorizes, and disinfects
- Lemon juice: disinfects, and whitens
- Olive Oil: lifts dirt
- Castile Soap: cuts grease, and lifts dirt (what is this?)
A vegetable soap generally made from 100% pure olive oil, water, and lye. You can buy this at of all places, Wal-Mart, many local chain grocery stores, and definitely any local Co-Op.
- If you are into making your own home cleaners check out The Yummy Life, I’ve found her recipes great for gift giving ideas, and for cleaning. Some take a while to make, so I’ll post my quick “recipes” here shortly.
- Cleaning Your Kitchen With Vinegar ~ from SEVTObservations
- Window Cleaning done Dirt Cheap ~ from SEVTObservations
- What’s Apple Cider Vinegar Good For? ~ from SEVTObservations
Are you a DIYer? Drop us a line…we’d love to have you as a guest blogger and share your DIY with others.